Dr Didier Wernli has an ongoing research project on the regime complex about antimicrobial resistance which involves understanding the main components of the governance systems (anatomy) in terms of institutions, norms and policies (including framing) within and across sectors. The first phase of the research project was to map the complex governance systems of AMR using an interdisciplinary framework and systems-based approach. This framework has been used to assess the role and mandate of international organizations regarding antimicrobial resistance. This work has been conducted in collaboration with the United Nations Foundation for the Interagency Coordination Group on Antimicrobial Resistance with support from the Wellcome Trust. The current focus of the project is One Health governance of AMR including the mechanisms for interorganizational collaboration and how regime complexity affects the effectiveness of the regime and the distribution of power.
- Lhermie, Guillaume, Wernli, Didier, Jørgensen, Peter Søgaard, Kenkel, Donald, Lin Lawell, C. Y. Cynthia, Tauer, Loren William, & Gröhn, Yrjo Tapio. (2019). Tradeoffs between resistance to antimicrobials in public health and their use in agriculture: Moving towards sustainability assessment. Ecological Economics, 166, 106427. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2019.106427
- Lhermie, Guillaume, Wernli, Didier, Jørgensen, Peter Søgaard, Kenkel, Donald, Tauer, Loren William, & Gröhn, Yrjo Tapio. (2019). Global resistance to antimicrobials and their sustainable use in agriculture. The Lancet Planetary Health, 3(3), e109-e110. doi:10.1016/S2542-5196(18)30251-1
- Wernli D, Jorgensen PS, Harbarth S, et al. Antimicrobial resistance: The complex challenge of measurement to inform policy and the public. PLoS Med 2017; 14(8): e1002378.
- Jørgensen PS, Wernli D, Folke C, Carroll SP. Changing antibiotic resistance: sustainability transformation to a pro-microbial planet. Curr Opin Sust 2017; 25: 66-76.
- Jorgensen, P. S., Wernli, D., Carroll, S. P., Dunn, R. R., Harbarth, S., Levin, S. A., . . . Laxminarayan, R. (2016). Use antimicrobials wisely. Nature, 537(7619), 159-161.
Members of the GTGLab working on this project
- Dr Didier Wernli (PI)
- Dr Anaïs Léger (Postdoc)